- I am a philosopher, and a new member of the Sjählö group, which I joined in the spring 2015.
- I took my PhD degree in philosophy in 1999 at the University of Helsinki.
- Since then I have been working mainly as a teacher both at the university and in various high schools. Together with some university colleagues I have written a series of text books in philosophy for use in high schools serving the Swedish-speaking minority Finland.
- My main areas of interest within philosophy are philosophical anthropology, ethics and political philosophy. In my teaching, lecturing and writing I have focused especially on the following issues:
- – – personhood and identity
- – – human dignity and respect
- – – social inclusion and exclusion
- – – moral aspects of state borders and citizenship.